Chesney (Offutt) Leafblad, CIAO-Master, is the Chief Deputy Assessor for Warren Township in Lake County, Illinois. She holds the highest Certified Illinois Assessing Officer designation – Master, as the 31st person to have received it. Chesney comes from a long line of assessors and takes great pride in her role as a public servant. She is the 2022 recipient of the Marshall Theroux Memorial Award, which annually recognizes a member of the Illinois assessment community who demonstrates high ethical standards, professional achievement, and dedication to the service of others.
Chesney is an instructor and course developer for the Illinois Property Assessment Institute (IPAI). She co-wrote the first CIAO Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. In addition, she is a dynamic public speaker and is a frequent presenter at local, state, and international conferences.
Chesney serves on
- IPAI Education Committee as Chair
- IPAI State Conference Committee
- IPAI Legal Symposium Committee
- CIAO Association as Chairwoman
- LCTAA (Lake County Township Assessor’s Association) Vice President
- International Association of Assessing Officials (IAAO) Education Committee
- IAAO WIN (Women’s Initiative Network) & LaunchPad (Emerging Professionals)
- Illinois Chapter of IAAO
Chesney believes in servant leadership and working in partnership with all stakeholders in the Illinois Property Tax Cycle for the betterment of the assessment industry, its professionals, and the community at large.