Joanne P. Elliott
Board Member at Large
Joanne P. Elliott is a Partner at Elliott & Associates. She began practicing law in 1984 and has focused her practice exclusively on real estate tax matters since 1993. Joanne’s practice is focused on representing community associations, hotel owners and various commercial property owners. She has represented thousands of property owners before local assessors, county Boards of Review, the Property Tax Appeal Board and the Circuit Court of Cook County. Joanne has also assisted numerous clients in securing real estate exemptions, class 6b, class 9 and class 8 tax incentives and incentive renewals.
Throughout her career, Joanne has been involved in leadership capacities in several bar and trade associations, including:
• The American Bar Association (ABA), Member of the Real Estate Section Council
• The Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Member and Past Chairman of the State and
Local Taxation Section Council
• Illinois Property Tax Lawyers Association (IPTLA), Founding Member
• National Association of Bar-Related Title Insurers (NABRTI), Past Executive Director
• Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, Member
• International Association of Assessing Officials, Member
• Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Member
• Attorneys’ Title Guaranty Fund, Inc., Member and Past General Counsel
Joanne has testified frequently before the Illinois legislature and county Boards of Review on behalf of various bar and trade associations. She is a frequent author and lecturer on real estate tax issues and has written educational material for the Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education. In addition, she has been a guest speaker at various programs for the International Association of Assessing Officials, the Illinois State Bar Association, Attorneys’ Title Guaranty Fund and the Northwest Suburban Bar Association.
Joanne received her undergraduate degree from Indiana University and her Juris Doctor from John Marshall Law School, where she was a member of their Law Review.